- I have mad love for pizza… Food in general!
- And when I don’t get it…
What a great day to talk about the most iconic and inspirational women in our lives. For me I have a few of these women. They each play an integral part in my life and each is unique in how they contribute. I’m sure that each of you have these types of relationships.
Lady Pants Bob A.K.A Robyn-
- You’ve been my best friend since the start of High School. You hated me, nay, you were petrified of me in Primary school because I was the “Karate Kid” which made me laugh considering I was TERRIFIED of you! Nine years down the line you’re still around. I’ve left you behind on more than three occasions to travel the world, grow and learn but each time I’m away you’ve allowed me to be just be me. Although you drive me to insanity sometimes because all you’re capable of making is French toast and vegetarian dishes, even though I’m not a vegetable fan and you insist on tea parties but never actually attend them. Remember, that we may not see each other much, I will never forget your Rocky Horror, “Dr. Frank N. Furter” impression accompanied with the makeup and costume to match while parading down the stairs like the hottest drag queen to have hit South Africa since Freddy Mercury. I’m so proud of the woman you have become. You’re tall, stunning, you have legs ’til Tuesday and you have the greatest sense of humour. Perhaps because you also find the word “Poop” to be hilarious.
Fairy Godmother A.K.A Heather-
- You took me in when I most needed a home. You gave me a job because I needed the chance. You gave me the giggles because you had nothing else to do besides fall down the stairs, make the most atrocious concoction of mince rice and some other funky tasting ingredients. Who else would sit in the car on the way home from work talking in a French accent alongside me? We have perfected it! Chin Chin to us a bucket full of bubbly!!
Winnah A.K.A Angelique-
- A chance meeting at a High School extracurricular and some healthy banter of name-calling… It basically went a lot like this; [Ang Steps up to the plate to bat] Kirsty screams out, “LOSER!” [Ang misses ball]. Tired of being struck out Ang decides to change the rules. Name calling changed from “LOSER!” to “Winnah”. This little Gaylord was around for me through a very tough time, I could not have laughed and cried equally as much without you being around. You’re my sistah soul, so much so that I’m pretty sure my mum loves you as her own more than she does me. In fact, I guarantee she’s actually said that before. Point is that, most of the important decisions I make in life are positive choices because of your counsel. You’re an amazing person, you have an exceptional personality and you inspire me every day to be better, smarter and occasionally funnier.
Mother Hen A.K.A Mum-
- I don’t need to say much on this topic other than I am who I am today because of how you’ve raised me. You were the bread winner, the provider, the supporter and wooden-spoon-on-the-ass smacker. I learned my lesson. Que Sera Sera.
So I have posted these before but I’ve since upped my game and thought this was the perfect opportunity to show what’s been happening. “The Friendship Between A Greek & A Jew” is no joke. Two of my best friends who happen to be in-fact “Best Friends” put on their Matric Dance dresses to help out a friend of ours who needed help with her makeup portfolio. Nikita has this incredible plot out by Lanseria with long yellow tinged grass, a porch swing stuck in the veld and a naturally distressed hut. These all made for incredible props. We’re at the point in our lives where we’re responsible for making our own fun & this happened to be one of the results that turned up. Alcohol was most definitely NOT involved (Yes.Yes it was!). Don’t be silly 😉
♠ Helen Stratis ♠
♠ Nikita Saber ♠
And Finally… Here is the Photographic Journal Of A Decade Filled With Friendship;
A massive thank you to these two girls for going through the plucking, tweezing and crying in preparation for the day. You’re both beautiful and have the incredible personalities too. Hope you’re both ready for round two coming up this Autumn 😉